Are you looking for the perfect camping recipe to add to your menu for next years camping trips? These campfire loaded potatoes are an excellent option for a side-dish or main course. Get the full recipe below!
- 6 white potatoes
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. bacon bits
- 2 Tbsp. green onion
- 2 tbsp. butter
- salt & pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Carefully peel and slice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and dice the green onions.
- Build a strong fire and cut two large squares of foil.
- Place both the sheets of foil on the table to double-layer your packet and add the potatoes to the middle.
- Top with the butter, cheese, bacon bits, and green onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Secure the packets by folding up the sides and crimping the seams until there’s no openings.
- Spread out the coals to help the fire die down a bit and add the packets to the grill grate over your campfire.
- You’ll want to rotate the packet every 15 minutes and cook until the potatoes are tender and pierce easily with a fork. This should take about 45 minutes.
- Top with more cheese, sour cream, chives, and a dash of pepper!
No matter where you want to travel when you take your RV out on the road, this recipe is an excellent option for campground meals. You’ll love how easy it is to throw these ingredients together and whip up a delicious, filling meal for your family.
If you’re looking for a new RV, contact us today to find the perfect combination of features and amenities.